Summary and Bio:
Hey friends, Britt here. Changing up the show notes for this one. Today’s episode is incredibly special to me because I get to introduce you to my own mama, Michelle Howard. Coming from rocky beginnings, she was a teen mom who chose life for her daughter – me – and that life has lead us, in many ways, to growing up together. As an adult now, I clearly see how our stories are so uniquely intertwined. You can’t have one without the other, and the beauty of that is how we’ve learned to love and trust and extend much grace along the way. The faithful hand of Jesus is written all over her life and mine, and I cannot wait to share some of that with y’all today.
Michelle Howard is wife to Shawn and mama to Brittany and Brianna. When she’s not traveling for work as the Director of Nursing Simulation for Rasmussen University, you can find her elbow deep in her latest craft project, doting on her four grandchildren, or dreaming of the ocean from her home in landlocked Missouri. Connect with her on Instagram @shellmae7.
In this episode, Britt talks with her mom, Michelle about:
- Her difficult childhood and the path that led her into drug addiction and teen pregnancy
- The radical, saving love of Jesus that changed her heart
- The struggles of blended family life and finding ways to make it work, even when difficult
- Learning to parent as a young mom and the transition into parenting adult children
- Advice for other young or single moms and the communities that surround them.
“Invest in someone’s life this week, sister.” – Brittany Smith
Talk to you next week!